Help! How do I join a Zoom Webinar!
Several members have asked questions about signing up for and signing into one of our Zoom webinars. Zoom has created several help pages to assist attendees and organizers alike.
The link below specifically addresses how to join a Zoom webinar. Once you have your registration link, you will be able to join almost immediately. With the webinar, attendees are in listen and view mode—no need for a camera or microphone. The first time you join a Zoom meeting or webinar, it is recommended you download the Zoom Desktop Client or Mobile App.
Welcome! Dearborn Genealogical Society
The Dearborn Genealogical Society serves the Cities of Dearborn and Dearborn Heights in Wayne County, Michigan and the surrounding area.
Founded in 1966, the Dearborn Genealogical Society recently celebrated 50 years of serving genealogists in the community and those with roots in the Dearborn, Springwells, Greenfield, Fordson, and the Dearborn Township area.
2020 DGS Writing Contest
The Dearborn Genealogical Society will begin its 54th year with a Family History Story Contest.
- Please submit stories by mail, email, or in person at a meeting.
- By submitting a contest entry, the author agrees to have the story printed in the DGS Newsletter.
- Story Length: 500 words or less.
- The author’s name, address, email/ phone number should be included with the entry.
- A picture may be submitted with the entry.
- After a panel judges the stories, cash prizes with be awarded at the May Heritage Dinner. 1st place - $50 + one year DGS membership 2nd place - $30 3rd place - $20
- Entries are due by
Friday, April 17, 2020 Thursday, October 22, 2020.
- The Good Old Days (1920—1960)
- Holiday Celebrations
- Teachers in Your Tree
- A Woman’s Story (mother, grandmother, aunt, daughter, niece, cousin)
- A Man’s Story ( father, grandfather, uncle, son, nephew, cousin)
- The Old Stomping Grounds
- A Trip to the “Old Country” or homestead
- Other? Your Choice
The Dearborn Genealogical Society meets at the Caroline Kennedy Library, 24590 George Street, Dearborn Heights. Please check the website prior to a meeting or program to verify the meeting location.
The Society publishes a newsletter quarterly, which includes genealogical news, historical articles, new book notes, queries, and special features. Members are encouraged to submit items for publication.
Mail newsletter items to:
P.O. Box 1112
Dearborn, MI 48121-1112
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Michigan Genealogical Council
||War of 1812 Contributor
Evaluating Genealogical Evidence - Dan Fantore
Speaker: Dan Fantore Program: “ Evaluating Genealogical Evidence” Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this meeting will be held as a Zoom webinar. Registration is required.