Welcome! Dearborn Genealogical Society
The Dearborn Genealogical Society serves the Cities of Dearborn and Dearborn Heights in Wayne County, Michigan and the surrounding area.
Founded in 1966, the Dearborn Genealogical Society recently celebrated 50 years of serving genealogists in the community and those with roots in the Dearborn, Springwells, Greenfield, Fordson, and the Dearborn Township area.
2020 DGS Writing Contest
The Dearborn Genealogical Society will begin its 54th year with a Family History Story Contest.
- Please submit stories by mail, email, or in person at a meeting.
- By submitting a contest entry, the author agrees to have the story printed in the DGS Newsletter.
- Story Length: 500 words or less.
- The author’s name, address, email/ phone number should be included with the entry.
- A picture may be submitted with the entry.
- After a panel judges the stories, cash prizes with be awarded at the May Heritage Dinner. 1st place - $50 + one year DGS membership 2nd place - $30 3rd place - $20
- Entries are due by
Friday, April 17, 2020 Thursday, October 22, 2020.
- The Good Old Days (1920—1960)
- Holiday Celebrations
- Teachers in Your Tree
- A Woman’s Story (mother, grandmother, aunt, daughter, niece, cousin)
- A Man’s Story ( father, grandfather, uncle, son, nephew, cousin)
- The Old Stomping Grounds
- A Trip to the “Old Country” or homestead
- Other? Your Choice
The Dearborn Genealogical Society meets at the Caroline Kennedy Library, 24590 George Street, Dearborn Heights. Please check the website prior to a meeting or program to verify the meeting location.
The Society publishes a newsletter quarterly, which includes genealogical news, historical articles, new book notes, queries, and special features. Members are encouraged to submit items for publication.
Mail newsletter items to:
P.O. Box 1112
Dearborn, MI 48121-1112
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dearborn Museum Guild Yard Sale
The Dearborn Genealogical Society is participating in the Dearborn Museum Guild Sale Saturday, August 22, 2020, 9a - 5p. DGS Sale will have a tent/tables on the lawn. Please Donate Your “Trash & Treasures” Collecting Now—Useful or Unique Items. * Tools, * Sporting Goods, * Household Items, * Hardware, * Toys, * ...